GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Maps for Oil pumps in Eastern MT/Western North Dakota

Started by sddhe, July 11, 2011, 07:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sddhe

Is there a map out there somewhere with roads to Oil Pump stations and a map of all the Oil pump stations? 

maps4gps

The owners and service companies probably have this information; however, I doubt they would make it available to the public.

-Oz-

As maps4gps says: If the information is available it would be easy to make a map but I don't know of anywhere that has the info (is there a government database?)
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

sddhe

I don't know if there is a government database.  I am also not good enough to make a map nor would I even know where to start and I guess that is why I was asking if there was anyone who knew about it. 

Boyd

If you have a newer model Garmin unit (the ones named after states), you can subscribe to Birdseye aerial imagery: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=70144

That should show the roads and even the rigs, so you would just need some reference material to figure out what they are. You could then just create waypoints for each rig - it wouldn't be necessary to actually make a map.

All of this could be done with Garmin Basecamp (free download) without a lot of technical knowledge.

sddhe

thank you Boyd.  I realized I could do that I was just wondering if there was a map out there.