GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

IMG files don't show in Mapset Tool Kit

Started by clay tiller, October 10, 2011, 11:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clay tiller

None of the img files that I have made show up when I do a Select IMG File in MSTK. The commercial ones and those d/l'ed from GPSFileDepot show up, but none of mine, made using Mapedit. This is a new phenomenon. The last time I created a mapset using MSTK, last October, everything worked fine. I must have changed something, but what?

Seldom

Can you spell out your workflow a little more?  What compiler are you using?  What version of the compiler?

clay tiller

Here's what I do. I know here must be something simple I'm missing.
Using Mapwel 8.5, create mow file by merging shp files.
File>Properties: File name as today's date, Family set as 71
File>Export Accept default suggestion (Alphanumeric) to Garmin:My Maps

In MSTK, Select IMG. File name does not show.

Using MapEdit 1.0.7.0, create mp file by importing shp files and saving as mp file. Map Properties>cgpsMapper: Tre size 1500;RGN limit 127, Tre margin 0. Transparent w/o background: Properties>Header: ID 10112011; Displayable Name "My Name", all others default
Export to Garmin/cgpsmapper

Compiles using cgpsmapper version 0.99a

In MapsetToolkit 1.77, click Select IMG, navigate to folder in which he file created is located (confirmed using Windows Explorer).
   File is not visible, nor are any other img files I previously created and uploaded to MapSource. All files purchased from GISFileDeport are visible.

For completeness, I am using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit for this.

Seldom

I don't know anything about Mapwel, but something below might help.

For cgpsmapper a RGNlimit of 1024 is what I use.

The last version of cgpsmapper is 100d.

I'm using MSTK 1.75.

File names for IMG files should be 8 digits (12345678.img).  Is this what you have?

Boyd

There are some oddities regarding Windows 7 and garmin registry entries, it's been discussed here in a few threads and gets confusing - to me at least :) So maybe that's all that's happening?

I also have Mapwel Advanced and have not tried to create mapsource files with it before, but I know the .img files it creates are a bit odd. Take one of your mapwel .img files and drop it into the free Sendmap20 program available from the cgpsmapper site.

You will see that it already has a .typ file associated with it. I *think* this will be a problem for MSTK, since each tile of the map will have its own .typ file. However, using Sendmap20, you can delete the .typ file from the mapwel .img file and save it. I haven't tried, but I suspect this will work since the .typ files are gone. You would need to save one of the .typ files separately and use that in MSTK if you need custom types.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: clay tiller on October 12, 2011, 08:05:35 AM
File>Properties: File name as today's date, Family set as 71
File>Export Accept default suggestion (Alphanumeric) to Garmin:My Maps

In MSTK, Select IMG. File name does not show.
file names must be in an 8 digit numeric format for MSTK to see.

-Oz-

Mapwel maps can't be viewed in MapSource/Basecamp the last time I checked.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!