GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Problem with Installer Script

Started by Seldom, June 27, 2011, 07:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

When I install Desert Southwest using MapSetToolKit the "Find Places" tab works.  When I install it using the map installer script I downloaded on 5/5/2010, "Find Places" is grayed out.

-Oz-

Can you post the contents of the .reg file MapSetToolkit creates so I can look into the issue.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\MapSource\Families\DesertSouthwest]
"ID"=hex:45,10

"IDX"="C:\\myMaps\\DesertSouthwest.mdx"
"MDR"="C:\\myMaps\\DesertSouthwest_mdr.img"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\MapSource\Families\DesertSouthwest\1]
"LOC"="C:\\myMaps\\imgs\\"
"BMAP"="C:\\myMaps\\DesertSouthwest.img"
"TDB"="C:\\myMaps\\DesertSouthwest.tdb"

This reg file was generated by Cpreview.  When I look at my actual registry, the path to DesertSouthWest doesn't exist but it must be there somewhere because the map loads.
Can't find a Reg file from MSTK. 

Seldom

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Garmin\Mapsource\Families\DesertSouthwest]
"TYP"="C:\\Maps-HomeMade\\BigSouthwest\\11045.TYP"
"ID"=hex:45,10
"IDX"="C:\\Maps-HomeMade\\BigSouthwest\\DesertSouthwest.mdx"
"MDR"="C:\\Maps-HomeMade\\BigSouthwest\\DesertSouthwest_mdr.img"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Garmin\Mapsource\Families\DesertSouthwest\1]
"TDB"="C:\\Maps-HomeMade\\BigSouthwest\\DesertSouthwest.TDB"
"LOC"="C:\\Maps-HomeMade\\BigSouthwest"
"BMAP"="C:\\Maps-HomeMade\\BigSouthwest\\DesertSouthwest.img"

This is the registry as produced by MSTK.

-Oz-

The _mdr is what gives the searching. I have an install file made up that includes all those files. I have to get it off another hard drive though.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

maps4gps

For the State topo maps I recently uploaded, I downloaded the batch scrip from gpsfiledepot and the current versions of NSIS, cgpamapper and mstk.
There were a few posts that a mapset would not be recognized on a 64-bit maching under Windows 7.  Once an older mapset using a '32-bit installer' was installed, then the mapsets with a 64-bit installer would install.  It worked like this on my new 64-bit machine in June.