GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Alternate types depending on zoom?

Started by Dana, February 24, 2009, 05:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

I think I already know the answer (no), but is there a way to have points display differently at different zoom levels?  I'd like to switch to a smaller icon, and perhaps lose the label, as I zoom out, without the point disappearing completely.  I know I could have multiple entries using different types, but then there would be multiple entries in the find function.

-Dana

-Oz-

Regretfully the answer is no.

it would be pretty awesome though.  BUT... as you zoom out I thought if there was too much clutter on screen it wouldn't show a lot of the  labels on the actual unit.  in mapsource I can sometimes see points but no label if there are other points nearby. So I think its a built in function of Garmin that it automatically decides whether or not to display it.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Quote from: -Oz- on February 24, 2009, 07:41:17 PMSo I think its a built in function of Garmin that it automatically decides whether or not to display it.

This is true on the Nuvi, however handhelds - as well as the old StreetPilot 26x0 series - have a series of preference settings where you specify at which zoom level different map features are shown and you can also choose what size text (or none at all). I really wish Garmin would include these in some kind of advanced menu on the Nuvi's.

Here are some of the choices on the Oregon; other handhelds are similar