GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

HELP WITH WEBUPDATER

Started by CDS1423, July 24, 2011, 04:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDS1423

Hey guys I need help!  I hooked up the rino 530hcx last night to my computer to try to update the software.  I downloaded webupdater from the Garmin website and got started.  Everything looked like it was working fine.  It downloaded the new software, but that is where I started having problems.  It entered into an erasing step and has been locked up ever since.  Any ideas?  I'm afraid I just lost my unit!  I don't want to unhook it, but it shouldn't take this long.  Anyone have this happen before?  If so how did you handle it?

-Oz-

Never had it happen but at this point I would unhook it and try to run web updater again. Make sure you have fresh batteries loaded since during some of the cycling it will be on battery power.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: -Oz- on July 24, 2011, 08:22:44 PM
Make sure you have fresh batteries loaded since during some of the cycling it will be on battery power.
Good point. The first time I ran WebUpdater it went through it's steps and hung near the end. I was happy to see my GPS boot up after that.