GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

switch from img to basemap

Started by Dana, February 18, 2009, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

According to the cgpsmapper documentation, the levels specified in the header section of the mp file control where the base map takes over from the map on the card:

QuoteThe highest numbered map zoom level that you define dictates the zoom level at which
your map replaces the GPS unit's base map. In our example, the highest numbered map
zoom level is 3 and this corresponds to hardware zoom level 17. What this means is that if
the GPS device user zooms in to level 17 or higher it will see your uploaded map. At
hardware zoom levels 16 and below it will see the base map.

My levels look like this:
Levels=2
Level0=20
Level1=17

Zoom0=0
Zoom1=1

All the points in the .mp file are defined at level zero.  My map does disappear at the farther out zoom levels (though farther out than I expected; I guess need to adjust Level1).  However, if I unhide the base map, it displays over my own map regardless of the zoom level.

-Dana

-Dana

-Oz-

Do you have a header that has a draw priority?
Quote[IMG ID]
ID=
Name=Arizona Topo
DrawPriority=31
LBLcoding=6
Codepage=0
Marine=N
Elevation=f
Copyright=2008 Dan Blomberg
Preprocess=F
POIIndex=Y
Transparent=N
TreSize=1000
RgnLimit=1024
Levels=5
Level0=23
Level1=22
Level2=20
Level3=18
Level4=17
Zoom0=0
Zoom1=1
Zoom2=2
Zoom3=3
Zoom4=4
[END-IMG ID]
See the DrawPriority line; 31 is one of the highest... try like 20 or something and it'll show over the basemap.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Dana

For the last build, I didn't have a draw priority specified (I believe the default is 25?).  This time I used 31... doesn't the higher number give the map a higher draw priority?  I'll try 20, anyway.

Without turning on the basemap, even with Level1=18 I'm still seeing my map out to 20mi zoom (I want it to disappear at 12).

I'd also like if it disappeared closer than, say 3mi zoom to have the Garmin 100k topo take over from there.

-Dana

Dana

Dana

Curioser and curioser.
At Level0=18 & Level1=17, it shifts to basemap at 30 miles
At Level0=19 & Level1=18, it shifts to basemap at 20 miles
At Level0=20 & Level1=19, the custom map never appears  (at TreSize=50)
At Level0=20 & Level1=19, it shifts to basemap at 8 miles (but only at TreSize>= 100)
At Level0=21 & Level1=20, it shifts to basemap at 5 miles
All the above are TreSize=50 except as noted, and DraPriority=3
DrawPriority has no effect, from 3 to 31, no difference.

I guess I never saw it switch when I had it set at 20 since the raster map resolution breaks up below 5 miles.

Of course I woud really like it to switch to the base map at 12 miles, but of course that's the one I can't get... I guess I'll settle for 20.

-Dana

Dana

Ah, it's getting more coherent now.  Seems I had the detail level set to "most"... with it set to "normal" the levels where the basemap takes over do in fact correspond with the cgpsmapper manual:

Detail   Level1=19   Level1=18   Level1=17   Level1=16   Level1=15
Normal         5      8      20      30 (map@20 only)
More         8      20      30
Most   8      20      30      50

So, I use 16, and accept the fact that I can't get the basemap to appear at 12miles, only 20.

-Dana