News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mapsource problem

Started by leapfrogtbdp, October 27, 2009, 09:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPSMap 60CSx

Quote from: maps4gps on November 11, 2009, 07:06:12 AM
If you have CN on DVD, you can combine it and other mapset data and send it to the GPSr as one gmapsupp.img file.  See:http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

I did not upload a SC topo because of the high percentage of NED/DEM gridded elevation data which was produced by USGS using older production methods.  The resulting contours can be very different (and unrealistic) from those on the printed topo quads.  USGS's Oct release of NED data replaces much of this older data, however it will take some time to download, process, etc.  USA topo SE includes SC. 

QuoteI've got a 2GB card I wanted to fill up.
Everytime you want to include additional data the gmapsupp.img file needs to be recreated and  transfered to the GPSr.  This takes some time and gets old after you do it a few times.

The published 100K maps and resulting digital files are of that age.  There are a few websites which are slowly acquiring trail info from people's track logs.

I must have missed the S.E. U.S. topo I'll download that, Thanks.

GPSMap 60CSx

I didn't know this, my wife has a brand new computer maybe I'll download the S.E. U.S. topo's to her computer and install Map source and City Navigator on hers and do this. Thank you.