GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

How do I back out of an accidental waypoint selection?

Started by brokenjed, May 06, 2011, 10:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenjed

Not an actual waypoint, but the screen right before you choose a location as a waypoint=When you touch the map screen and it places the tack on the map and then shows the info button on the top. I know you can use the bottom/left  arrow to back out, but then you go all the way back to your present location. Maybe that's just how it is? I know its a very simple procedure, but am unable to figure it out by using manual or searching net. I am using an oregon 450.  Thanks

Boyd

If I understand you correctly.... the answer is "you can't". This is a feature that has also annoyed me on the Oregon.

brokenjed

Thanks for the response, i was hoping that was not the case but was kind of figuring it was. Its just too easy to "place a tack" while scrolling around. Not a big deal, guess I need to get better with the old finger while searching locations far away from where I actually am on the map.

Boyd

The newer models in the Nuvi series are also like this. Once you have "captured" something, you can't "release" it without going back to where you've started. This is especially annoying if you've been exploring the map and have dragged it a long way from your current position. You then have to start all over again.