GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

multiple maps

Started by crad112, September 15, 2011, 03:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crad112

im trying to get more than 1 state on a mini SD for my garmin astro 220.  i can find just parts of iowa in defferent downloads.  i download is just iowa.  can i put more than 1 map together to build a map of say iowa missouri illinois indiana ohio kentucky michigan minesota to put on my SD.  or do i need to make seperate SD cards for each state?  thanks for any information guys!

Seldom

Read this tutorial:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

You should be able to put as many states as will fit on your card up to  a limit of around 2000 map tiles.  This limit varies depending on the age of your GPSr design.  A GPSmap62s permits more tiles than a 60csx, for example.

If you enable (turn on) all the maps on your Astro, you should be able to see more than one state on your Astro, even though you can only see one state at a time in BaseCamp or MapSource.

You'll need to experiment to figure out how many states you can get onto a card, but you probably will get several states on one card.  I can't find the maximum card size for your Astro on the Garmin site.

Boyd

You may also have some issues if combining maps from different authors, since the boundaries might overlap, or the coverage area could be larger than the map itself which would cause blank spots in the map.

Give it a try and see how it works. But you may find that result isn't really seamless.