GPSFileDepot.com

Access Denied when trying to run shp2pgsql in command line

Started by DesertDog, February 26, 2011, 09:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

I've seen a couple threads for this from over a year ago.  Nobody ever had an answer for the problem though.

Anyone figured out why this may happen?  Everything is set up properly.  Running postgre v9.0 and installed postgis from its own setup afterwards, instead of using the stack builder to do it.  The gui version of the shape and dbf loader load and work.  No problems running and connecting to the postgis database from the postgre admin III gui.  Even set up a superuser named admin, which is the administrator account and login I use to run Vista.

Don't know why, but the setup of the database even created a windows user account of postgres.  Even tried logging in as that user and still got access denied.  And to piss me off more, logging in as that user resized my video resolution and totally screwed up my icons on the desktop when I logged back in as admin!

Just won't let me run from the command prompt.  Also, this is after I've started postgre and successfully connected to both the postgis and postgis_template databases.

Any suggestions? 

gwe4

I had some problems also.  I found that if I start the command prompt with a right click and choose run as administrator that I was no longer denied.  It may help you also.