GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Help on Mapset Toolkit

Started by Sore Feet, February 15, 2011, 10:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sore Feet

I have tried unsucessfully to load maps on "Mapsource" and "Basecamp", to no avail.    I have attempted to use the tutorial and the "Mapset Tool Kit" also.  When attempting to complete the panel in the took kit named "Install a existing Mapset", I fill out the boxes  (there is no information in the TYP files, Notice files or Logo space) when I hit install, a pop up comes up that says "Family ID exist" and I can go no further.  Please advise what I am doing wrong.    The mapset name is "Illinois" The product code is "1", and the Family ID is "3221".   Thank you.

maps4gps

Most mapsets on this site are downloaded as self-installing .exe files.  Just run/execute the file.  You should not have to be using MapSetToolKit.

Boyd

Sore Feet

There was no exe file.  I was finally able to get it to work by using the toolkit.  I must have done something wrong the other day.  Thanks for your help.

maps4gps

What did you download, the MAC version?  I just clicked on downloading the PC version and it began downloading an .exe file.  Then run/execute the .exe file.  It will make the proper changes to the Window's registry.  Perhaps that map author has something unusual in the .exe file.

You need to restart MapSource/BaseCamp after the install procedure.