GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

cant transfer map to gPS unit

Started by padlnjones, August 30, 2010, 09:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padlnjones

i DLd the Utah topo maps to my PC and Mapsource.  I was able to transfer my waypoints into my Etrex Legend hcx, but the maps themselves didnt transfer...when i click MAPS on the left panel it shows 0 mb...

i did all this in So Carolina before i went to Moab.  Now that I am in Moab I can see that the topo maps are not installed onthe GPS...

I can see the waypoints, but they are like on a blank page...

thanks for any advice...

david

Seldom

Nice town, Moab.  Be sure to check out the Moab Diner.  Unless you can download the maps to a PC or MAC you're probably out of luck.  But then again, you've got internet access so maybe you brought your PC.  If you didn't, you might try the Library, although they'd probably frown on downloads or software installation you'd need to get the maps to your Etrex.  If you get something working, follow the recommendations here:

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

padlnjones

seldom,

thanks for the reply...Before I left SC I put all the maps and info on a laptop in case, as it happened, there was a screw up that wouldnt show up until we got to moab...

the key was that map button on the MApsourse toolbar to hilite the sections to transfer.  all is good now...thanks for your help and TG for the internets!

david

Seldom

Don't know if you can see my image photo, but, if you can, it's Druid Arch.  About 50 miles south of Moab in Canyonlands Needles district.  Nice hike, about 5 miles each way through the desert. 

Also, you may want to check out Arch-Cany Hikes.  The trails and most of the roads are routable and cover both Arches and Canyonlands.  There are a few glitches in the road routing, so use CNNANT (or a paper map) if you've got it.  The trails are more reliable.