GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Hawaii Topo Loading Doesn't Work

Started by Kellogg, August 01, 2010, 04:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogg

I've see the tutorial. Problem is my map (Hawaii Topo) doesn't show in the selection for me to transfer.

Kellogg

I've looked at the tutorial. I have loaded Hawaii Topo. When I start Mapsource, Hawaii Topo shows in the box immediately under "file" but even when I select it nothing shows in map box on right. When I click on the Maps tab, there are no maps to select. I'm not very good on computers, so need basic information.

Seldom

Can you see the Hawaii map in MapSource?

Did you use the map select tool to turn the selected map pink?

maps4gps

I just downloaded and installed it and it is working OK.

When you click on HI Topo in the box under file/edit/etc.,  an overview map of the entire State should be showing as blue ocean with land islands which will have the major roads showing at the initial zoom level.  Zoom level showing the entire State is 70mi with my window sizes.  What zoom level are you using.

As you zoom-in more detailed data will be displayed.   

The map tab is a window which will show which segments/quads/tiles of the mapset(s) you have selected for upload.  As sendom_sn says, use the map selection tool to select some or all of the segemts.  Those selected will be pink on the map and listed in the window.

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!