GPSFileDepot.com

Mapsource not the same as in the tutorials.

Started by eos, July 09, 2010, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eos

Hey guys, Im new here, great site so far. Im having a few problems loading .img files into my mapsource. I have version 6.16.2, and following the tutorial "how to load maps on my Garmin GPS unit" I cant get past step 2! My mapsource doesn't have the drop down menu in the upper left corner to load maps. I have a .img file and I followed the other tutorial with the 'map set tool kit' and cGPSmapper and everything went well I suppose, but I cant figure out how to load it! Also, when I try to install the TDB file, it installs ok but then I get an error and have to uninstall it before it will let me open mapsource. Any help would be appreciated!
Ps, I have the eTrex venture HC (no SD card)

Thanks! 

eos

Sorry if I was confusing. I have all toolbars showing and still no drop down menu. In the View > Switch to Product menu, I have two options: "no map" and "trip and way point manager v5".
I downloaded a .img file of Garmin Canada BC Topo and the read me file says "This gmapsupp.img file is Canada Topo v2 British Columbia Region. Also includes Banff and Jasper National parks.

This mapset is unlocked and will work when copied into the Garmin directory on any Garmin unit."

Indrid Cold

Quote from: eos on July 11, 2010, 01:08:03 PM
I downloaded a .img file of Garmin Canada BC Topo and the read me file says "This gmapsupp.img file is Canada Topo v2 British Columbia Region. Also includes Banff and Jasper National parks.

This mapset is unlocked and will work when copied into the Garmin directory on any Garmin unit."
Sorry but we can't help you with illegal torrent downloads.

Topic locked.