GPSFileDepot.com

Question about having more than one topo loaded

Started by spark33, June 10, 2010, 05:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spark33

I have the three 24K NE from here and the other topo from game and fish  loaded on my oregon.

Is that bad and should I be using only one at a time?

Do they interfere with each other if you load them all at the same time?

alpine

I don't have an Oregon, but I do have a Nuvi 500. I also have multiple topo and land ownership maps loaded.

No, it is not bad. What ever you have memory for.

If you want to see something specific like land ownership, then disable the other maps. That works for me.

There is a draw order, but for me there is no reason to mess with that.

maps4gps

It will work; however as alpine says, there is a draw order so you will only see the last mapset to display.  Which mapset this is you will have to experiment or use some software to find that information.  You may notice the others display for an instant at some zoom levels if you pan around the map.  

Enable the one that is the 'best' for what you need at the time.  I just returned from a vacation to SW Utah and had 9 mapsets (some transparent) for some areas on my OR300.

jbuy41

Will North American NT 2010.30 maps work with the topo maps?  If I try to load both, North American NT all that will show.  No elavation, lake, nothing.

Boyd

City Navigator usually covers up any other maps that you have installed. This is due to the draw order mentioned above. The last map that is drawn on the screen covers up all the others. The draw order is something that is coded into the map file and not something that you can change with the GPS settings.

Seldom

Quote from: jbuy41 on June 30, 2010, 07:41:14 AM
Will North American NT 2010.30 maps work with the topo maps?  If I try to load both, North American NT all that will show.  No elavation, lake, nothing.

If you load TRANSPARENT topo maps, they will show on top of CNNANT.  When I made the two I've posted to this site, I deleted all roads and boundaries from the map.  Problem with roads and boundaries is that they aren't placed as accurately on freely available data we use as they are on CNNANT.  Therefore, you would probably see multiple copies of the same road, one you were driving on and the other a few hundred feet to one side or the other.