GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo 100k vs Topo 2008

Started by MichaelJ07, June 04, 2010, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJ07

With my 60csx came a DVD entitled Topo 100k.  I thought I was getting Topo 2008.  Is there much difference between these two?  Which has the more detail for frogging through the bush?  Is it worth having Garmin send me the Topo 2008 and I'll send back the Topo 100k.

Of course, I am no world traveller and the Michigan TOPO here beats them all, hands down.

Thanks.

Mike, who has to play with his new device  :)
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boyd

We have discussed this elsewhere... I was of the impression that these two products are the same. I have Topo 2008 myself. I always assumed that they changed the name to Topo 100k when 2009 rolled around, so the product didn't sound old (and also to differentiate from their series of Topo 24k maps).

But, look at it this way, if there is a difference then you got the newer one since Topo 100k came along AFTER topo 2008.

MichaelJ07

Well, aint that hunky dory.  Thanks, Boyd.  Like I said, the maps here are better than anything made by a company.  Kudos to all who contributed to my happiness.

And thanks again for taking time to answer my question.  I absolutely appreciate it.

Mike

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.