News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

loading map on Legend erases previous maps

Started by padlnjones, May 01, 2010, 01:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padlnjones

Hi,

Raw newbie here, so I apologize if this has been answered a million times; I tried to find an answer before posting...

just got the Legend HCx, downloaded the South East US maps at  http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/state/sc, put it in MapSource, then into the GPS unit, all OK so far

Then I added the Utah map the same way, and I could see it on the GPS, but the SE map had disappeared.  I used the Setup/Map/info....the Utah maps are there, but not the SE maps anymore.  Is this normal?  I have a 4gb card in the unit.

thanks for any advice...

david

Jimbob

When you load a new map into the GPSr this way you will overwrite the map previously loaded. You are loading a file that has the same name as the one loaded before it, so it overwrites.
In mapsource select the maps you wish to have on the GPSr (or the tiles from various maps.) Using the map tool select from one map, bring up another map and select the parts (or whole)  that you want from that one. contintue from any maps you wnat to input to the GPSr. In the left pane in mapsource it will show how much and what you have selected. All this automatically placed in the GPSmap file and uploaded at one time to your GPsr. The key to remember is that all maps are set in one mapset prior to placement in the GPSr.