News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

entering utm coordinates in basecamp

Started by schandler, April 29, 2010, 07:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schandler

hello
i have the updated basecamp and have loaded the calif topo map. I would like to know how to entering utm coordinates for a specific trail so the map shows my precise location of the trail head. I am just learning about how to use gps (dakota 20)

thx
scott

-Oz-

Do you want to do this on the GPS unit or in Basecamp?

If Basecamp then go to tools>options> then change the position to UTM rather than lat lon.  Then hit new and create a new waypoint with your coordinates.

On the Dakota its a similar process; just different menus.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

schandler

thank you for the response. I want to do this on basecamp. I was hoping to be able to actually type the coordinates in as a waypoint instead of using a pointer with my mouse. I do realize that the coordinates are shown in the bottom right but when i have to use the mouse i can't target precise coordinates. Is there a way to type in the coordinates as waypoint instead of clicking on map to enter the waypoint?

thx again!
scott

schandler

great! works perfectly thanks very much

scott

vagamoto

OZ, what's the secret to enter co-ords into Basecamp? I have changed the format to UTM and datum to NAD83 but cannot persuade Basecamp to accept inputs: just get 'invalid co-ordinates' error.