GPSFileDepot.com

Help please The link to mapsource does not let you download..............

Started by ruger, March 21, 2010, 08:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruger

I have a garmin vista but did not get mapsource.  I followed the link to garmin's site but it stated that if you do not have mapsource already you can not use it.  So I downloaded it anyway hoping it would work but it denies me when I try and run it.  So is there a way that I can use the maps from this site even though I am not able to get a version of mapsource.  I take it that basecamp is a portion of mapsource.  Please give me some advise on how I can get some of these topo maps to work.  Any advise will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Boyd

The first step is the key - download and install Training Center. After doing that, Mapsource will see the Training Center basemap as a "product" and it will work.

onXmaps

I just had a customer complain that installing Training Center, then installing Mapsource still didn't work.  Then I see two posts here about it not working and I'm thinking maybe Garmin made this not work with the newest version of MapSource.

I will test it tonight, has anybody had success getting the newest MapSource version for free?

Boyd

Quote from: MTcart on March 24, 2010, 01:45:30 PM
I just had a customer complain that installing Training Center, then installing Mapsource still didn't work.  Then I see two posts here about it not working and I'm thinking maybe Garmin made this not work with the newest version of MapSource.

It still works. I just installed a new version of Mapsource on a netbook a couple weeks ago and only wanted to use it with a couple of my own maps so I didn't go to the trouble of installing my "real" Garmin maps. The Training Center trick worked perfectly.

sultanbaig

Hi, I am new to this fourum, I also tried mapsource do not install

Boyd

Follow the steps EXACTLY as described. It works. YOU MUST INSTALL TRAINING CENTER FIRST.

If you really can't get it to work, you can buy Trip and Waypoint Manager on CD for $30. This will be an official, Garmin-supported product then and you can call their tech support if you have problems installing: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=664&pvID=1951

cerka_trova

I installed mapsource about three or four days ago and it worked fine for me.