GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Can't get Topo maps to view on mapsource

Started by ahobie17, May 11, 2014, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahobie17

With Windows 8 and 64 bit operating system, and Map Source North America NT 2014.4. I can download the topo maps but am unable to view or select them in the drop down menu. I've tried with the TN, KY, AL, and GA topo maps. Strange thing is the Florida topo map shows up in the drop down menu and I can see the topo map.

I don't understand how to over come this issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tim Hoover

Sorry - I don't have a solution for you. I recently posted the same problem with Basecamp so I was pretty curious about this. I downloaded the Florida topo and, sure enough, it shows up just fine. Since I'm new to the software I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but apparently not. Not sure if that's good news or bad news, but hopefully there is a fix available. Hard to believe we're the first ones to report a problem using Win8 as it's been out for quite a while. Oh well, maybe people are only interested in Florida (spoiler alert - it's flat).

Tim

z_statman

ahobie17

Quote from: z_statman on May 12, 2014, 05:33:17 AM
Where are you getting your topo

just the ones here on this site. I was able to download topo maps on my old computer which had windows ME  and my previous laptop windows 7 (?????). now it's an issue with the new lap top.

artee

I also have Windows 8 and can't get most topo maps to show.  Like Tim Hoover.  See my too long post in the other thread on BaseCamp.    Florida works and shows up. I've tried MI TN AL and they do not.

Boyd

artee

ahobie17
  Anyone with WINDOWS 8  and Mapsoure issues getting downloaded maps to install/show see the solution that has worked in BaseCamp here:  http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=3697.0
It seems to be a Wndows 8 issue

ahobie17

That was the information I needed. Link which fixed it is above thank you SO MUCH!!!!

One map down and if the others download a donation for the site is on the way.