News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSMapEdit - Moving Polyline [and snapping] Question

Started by razvid, January 06, 2014, 09:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razvid

Hello to all,

I just registered, and i am happy that i find an active community here. Hope to have my contribution here and to find answers to my questions. Thank you in advance to all!

I have a question referring to GPSMapEdit... Is there any way to move a polyline at a specific point? Or to select all the nodes of the polyline but not one by one? I could't found a solution.

What i want to do more specific is to move a polyline and to snap to a point like when moving a node to another node or point.

I will post more details if needed.

Thank you!

Razvan

babj615

If you use the 'S" Select tool, you can move or rotate the entire polyline. If you use the 'M' Move tool, you can move individual points.

Have you seen the GPSMapEdit Help Page? They have many videos to demonstrate.

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

razvid

Yes, you are right, but when u use S (select tool) the polyline is not snapping to another objects like when u use M. I like to move entire polyline like is moving when using select tool but i need to snap to other objects like the nodes do...

I hope is much clear now...

Thank you again!

babj615

You will have to manually reconnect any nodes you wish to be connected after moving the polyline.

It is a multi-step process.
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s

razvid

I don't want to connect any node. I want just to move the polyline, to a specific place. I can move with select tool, but i cannot move it let's say with the first node in the exact position x,y.

If the polyline is short is ok, i can move it by selecting all the nodes - M and move because now the nodes are snapping to any other pline, polygon or point. But how can i select all nodes when i have a big track with about 5k nodes?

I hope now you understand what i mean.

Thank you!

babj615

5K Nodes? I can not comprehend a single polyline with that many nodes. I am fairly certain GPSMapEdit will not support such a polyline, at least not if routing is desired.

It sounds like you are wanting to move all nodes in a single polyline together, maintaining their relationship, except for one, which you want to remain in it's original location?

This can be accomplished with the (M) Move tool by selecting all nodes you wish to move with the cursor (draw boxes around them with the cursor while holding ctrl), and then select any one of the selected nodes and move it as you desire, and all selected nodes will follow, while non selected nodes will remain in original position.

razvid

5k nodes was an example. Let's say 300 nodes but in a complex map is hard to select nodes one by one.

What you say in the final is correct. I want to select all nodes in a polyline and move because i saw that is the only solution that nodes are snapping to other objects. When u move n object with select tool it's no snapping to other object.

So the question is - is there any other way to select all nodes in a polyline [like ctrl-a or something :) ) or i have to select them one by one pressing ctrl with Edit Points Tool [M]?

Or there is another way to move a polyline in a specific exact position? x,y?

To show exactly my case...

I transformed a polygon from Stereo70 to WGS84 but there is an error - about 7 m deviation. So i took a reper point and now i have a polygon (transformed in polyline) with a reper point that i have to move over wgs84 reper point. I can move simple visually with select tool, but i wanted to know if there is a way that the reper point can snap ---> exactly on the other point...

I don't know if you understood me now...

razvid

I didn't found a solution so far... I think that is not posible in GPSMapEdit or there is a shortcut that I didn't found yet... Maybe in the next release of the program or on other aplications...

If someone knows more or have an opinion please write...

Thank you!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: razvid on January 07, 2014, 05:35:39 AM
I didn't found a solution so far... I think that is not posible in GPSMapEdit or there is a shortcut that I didn't found yet... Maybe in the next release of the program or on other aplications...

If someone knows more or have an opinion please write...

Thank you!
Well, have you bothered to check with the software author? If the software doesn't have hat option, you will be also letting the author know that you want it.