GPSFileDepot.com

Base Camp Does Not Recognize California Topo Map

Started by gpsbilly, April 22, 2013, 08:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpsbilly

What a great site. Had no idea there was such a thing as Base Camp. Installed it and the California Topo map but it does not see it in the maps dropdown. Loaded the My Trails map because I am running Windows 7 but still no go. The California topo map by default went to the programs folder under Catopo11 so I know it was installed but how do I get Base Camp to recoginize it?

Bill

Seldom

Try shutting down and re-starting BaseCamp.  BC doesn't look for maps except at startup.
If that doesn't work, paste a link to the map you are installing here, so the map author will know exactly which map you are referring to.

gpsbilly

Thanks for the suggestion. Restarting Base Camp didn't help. But I solved the problem this morning. Already had MyTrails installed from yesterday, the 32-bit map that is supposed to be installed first before you try to install 64-bit maps. So I UNinstalled the California Topo 2011 map, then restarted Base Camp and voila! There it was. And my compliments to the author. Very nice topo and pretty much all the streets too. My donation to this site is on the way. Thanks,

Bill