GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Download to SD Card failure

Started by clay tiller, March 18, 2013, 08:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clay tiller

What I've been doing for years has suddenly stopped working, and I don't know what I did.

I cannot download maps that show up in both MapSource and Basecamp to my GPS60CSx with a 4Gb SD card. I get an error message saying, for example, that the file I'm trying to download (install) contains 2.8Mb, but only 3769.5Mb of storage is available, please select a smaller map. The numbers seem correct. If, on the gpsr, I go to Setup>File info, the currently installed maps take up 59.95Mb and 3709.5 Mb are free.

As recently as a week ago, I installed maps from Mapsource with no problems, but that was before I installed Windows 8. Could that possibly be the problem. Doesn't seem likely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seldom

Quote from: clay tiller on March 18, 2013, 08:00:33 AM
the file I'm trying to download (install) contains 2.8Mb, but only 3769.5Mb of storage is available, please select a smaller map.

I occasionally got this error when I tried to compile change one tile in a mapset without re-compiling the preview map.  If they're your maps, be sure to re-compile the preview.  If not, contact the map author.

Boyd

Exactly, I have seen the same thing. This is what happens if you replace one or more of the original .img tiles in the mapset with a different one. Mapsource and Basecamp won't complain, but when you try to send the map to the gps you get an error message like the one you posted.