GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Online .typ editor down?

Started by Boyd, March 09, 2012, 05:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd

For the past day I've been trying to access the online .typ editor at http://ati.land.cz/gps/typdecomp/editor.cgi and all I get is

QuoteNot Found

I hope this is just temporary. I have tried all the other ways to edit .typ files (which I do extensively) and this still remains the best.

The only viable alternative is typWiz, but it is still buggy: http://pinns.co.uk/osm/ostyp.html

I spent awhile using it on my last map and ended up going back to the online editor after my .typ file became corrupted when changing draw order. I also wasn't able to get the extended font support to work correctly in some cases. It's a very nice program though, so I guess I'll have to learn to live with the problems if the online editor is really gone.  :(

Pinter

I agree ; its a great shame ati is down at the moment.

Latest version of TYPWiz may have solved some of your issues, but if not, the author is keen to offer support , see betatesting at pinns co uk email address

Boyd

Thanks - site is still down, but I had already downloaded the latest version of Typwiz 2 and was pleasantly surprised to see that it doesn't have the same problems I experienced before.

Since it's still called "Typwiz 2 beta", I made the wrong assumption that nothing had changed since the last time I used it ~4 months ago. But in fact it seems to have been substantially revised (I should have looked at the version number). It read my existing file and so far everything looks good. It is certainly a more powerful tool than the online editor, so I guess it's a good thing that the outage caused me to revisit Typwiz. :)

Boyd

Just tried again, and the online editor is back up. Must have happened pretty recently since I have been checking every day or two, just out of curiosity.

Clyde