GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Basecamp on Windows 7 64 bit

Started by pumphouse, September 09, 2011, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhwitton

I see the same problem on the Colorado topos I have installed. The Idaho Topos were made by Oz - I believe he's an admin at this site.

I'm new here - what's the proper protocol - should I attempt to contact him directly?

dhwitton

I have discovered that I can load the Idaho Topos using Mapsource. Any ideas on why BaseCamp would act differently?

Seldom

You should PM -Oz-.  Provide as complete a description to him (and here) as you can describing the problem and what you did to fix it.  AFAIK, anything that loads in MapSource should also load with BaseCamp (as long as you are using the USB).  BaseCamp doesn't support the old serial cable connections.

jrileye

Newbie--used old e trex for simple stuff, now have Oregon 450.  I have Win 7/64, having been reading and rereading this thread.  Basecamp downloaded and seemed to install, but doesn't work.  Sounds like installing My Trails is the way to go--except when I go to that page  I don't see anything to install or download.  Obviously I'm overlooking something, but I have tried to figure it out and read this forum and am stuck.

Help appreciated!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: jrileye on March 30, 2013, 04:56:58 PM
Sounds like installing My Trails is the way to go--except when I go to that page  I don't see anything to install or download.  Obviously I'm overlooking something, but I have tried to figure it out and read this forum and am stuck.

Help appreciated!
Look down the page for the download icon:

SBPabloP

Same problem here:
1) Installed Basecamp
2) Installed California Topo
3) Basecamp shows only Global Map on drop down
4) Installed My Trails
5) Drop down shows Global Map and My Trails, but that's it.

Argh! What am I doing wrong?

SBPabloP

Never mind. I uninstalled it all and reinstalled, worked OK even without my trails. I think the problem started when I had BaseCamp open while installing California Topo. It was all downhill from there!

maps4gps

Both BaseCamp and Mapsource need to be closed when a mapset is installed.  They only check for available mapsets when they are started,

otter1422

Thanks guys, MyTrails solved my problem with Colorado Topo2011 not showing in BaseCamp. ;D