GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

WA Topo map

Started by NeuroDoc, September 28, 2008, 10:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeuroDoc

I'm a noob at this, but have decided to try to follow Oz's excellent tutorial and make a topo of WA state. I have begun downloading and processing all the NED files. Hopefully will be finished by the end of the week and can get started on the NHD files.

How long does it usually take to start getting NHD files after the request is submitted? I submitted some requests 2 days ago and have yet to hear anything.

NeuroDoc

I was reading about the combining data. In the tutorial, step 4 states "Click "Add Files..." and open the "dem" folder and then click the top dem file then hold shift and select the bottom file.  This will select all the dem files created previously."

I would assume that this means to select only the *.gmp (global mapper) or *.mp (dem2topo) files that were created for elevation lines.

Is this correct? Or do you really mean all the files copied from the ArcGrid or GeoTiff files downloaded from the seamless server?

-Oz-

I should rewrite that part; only the .gmp or .mp files.  Definitely not all the files from the seamless server.

And for the NHD servers.  I have been getting Idaho's stuff and it normally takes 1 business day (why it doesn't go on the weekend is beyond me).  It seems like they process the queue nightly.  I will also note it seems like they miss one or two requests each time and I have to resubmit them.  Expect it to take 3-4days to get all the water data; thankfully the files are much much smaller than the DEM files.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!