GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Importing Existing Data into Basecamp Question

Started by issudras, October 08, 2015, 11:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

issudras

I am trying to become a Basecamp user for iMac.  I have used other applications on Windows in the past for organizing and managing my GPS files, namely Topofusion.  All I do is create waypoints and upload to GPS, and then download my tracks and waypoints when I return, saving this data for future reference.

In using Basecamp, I am doing what they call, creating a blank "list", and then dragging my .gpx file over to this list and renaming it to something meaningful, such as 2009-Mt-Rainier-Hike.  A problem I am finding is that upon bringing the data into Basecamp, it assigns a brand new "created on" date that gives today's date and time, rather than retaining the original data.

Does anyone have any tips for Basecamp users who are migrating existing data to the system?  The product is completely useless to me if it loses accurate date and time information.  All of the support information and tutorials are naturally geared towards a user integrating with their current Garmin product, and are not concerned with organizing and managing data from an earlier time.

Boyd

I suggest that you visit Garmin's official Mac Basecamp forum. There are many experienced users there and the developers also participate: https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?171-BaseCamp

issudras

Thanks, I just found that, and have posted this there. :)