News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Installing Locked Map - Garmin

Started by adelossantos, July 01, 2015, 09:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelossantos

Hello all,

I have an MP files.  At first, I compile it using cGPSmapper (Routable Commercial Version with locking) and in my header I put option Lock=N. 
I successfully compile it, able to create mapset & successfully installed it on my Garmin Device.  All functionality is working: Routing, Find Address, POI, Map preview, etc.  I even able to try using it while driving and everything works fine.

Now, I switch the option Lock=Y.  Run the cGPSmapperKey to generate unlock key code. I compile it, create mapset & install it on my garmin device.

When I tried to do the same process as Lock=N (the only different is I have to include gmt.exe in MapSetToolKit - required then add key in basecamp ). I got an error message "Map data is not available"

Then I tried to install the Map using sendMap but gmapsupp.img cant find by my GPS device.

PLEASE HELP

popej

There is no difference in preparing locked or unlocked map. Probably problems arise where your processing differs.

adelossantos

Hi popej,

I found out whats causing the problem.  In PV.txt, I forgot to switch the LOCK=Y.

Now, everything works good.

Another thing, do you have any idea what device or software (like SDLock Tool) or anything that I need in order to generate key for SD Card and how to install it not on GPS but to SD Card?

popej

You need a program, which reads SD serial card number. This number can be treated as ID of GPS device and used to create unlock key. Serial number is included in SD CID:
http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/sd-memory-card-faq/reading-sd-card-cid-serial-psn-internal-numbers/

There is several ways to read serial number:
You can use a nuvi and check card ID in diagnostic menu (long press at battery icon).
SDLock creates unlock key on SD card using Windows CE device. It is a part of cgpsmapper set.
CID and serial number can be read on Android phone as a text file. I think these are files like:
/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:XXXX/cid
/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:XXXX/serial

See for example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3348643/how-to-read-the-sd-card-id-number