1. Using a MacBook Pro, new Oregon 600, and purchased Garmin Australia / New Zealand, and Northeast US (both DVD's).
2. Both DVD's have been loaded in the Mac. (The Aus/NZ map has an 8-digit unlock code on the package but the NE US did not.) I have unlocked the Aus/NZ map on line, and both maps are listed in BaseCamp as loaded and unlocked.
3. I have installed Garmin MapInstall, then opened it on the Mac, with my Oregon attached by USB and turned on, and then selected "Customize." I check one of my two maps (e.g., TOPO US. 24K Northeast) and then click "Advanced/Partial Install."
4) I then select the desired tiles from the Northeast US map to transfer to my Oregon 600.
5) I then click "Send Maps" and wait while the program (seems to) make and transfer the desired mapset.
6) When the transfer is "complete," I eject the Oregon 600 from the Mac.
After those steps however, I do not see the map among the installed maps on the Oregon, and nothing seems to have been transferred. I do not see any new entries in the left-hand panel under either "My Garmin Devices > Oregon" or "My computer" in BaseCamp either.
What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
ps - I believe I have slavishly followed all the steps in the many posts on this same subject, and I apologize in advance for asking this again.